What is Smart Lens?
It is a medicinal product used to restore the old features of the eye when the lens in the eye cannot fulfill its function. However, it is among the eye problems that occur as we age. At the same time, the intraocular lens eliminates the problem of focusing at long, close or intermediate distances. With the approval of ophthalmologists and patients who meet the application conditions, the procedure can be performed. They are applications performed by surgeons in hospitals.
Who Can Have Smart Lens Therapy?
It is known that people who want to have smart lens (intraocular lens) treatment are preferred by people over the age of 40-45 and who do not want to wear glasses. It is one of the most preferred methods in the treatment of visual disorders such as myopia, hyperopia, and astigmatism.Smart lens application is a procedure that can be done easily in cases of cataracts and age-related vision problems. It is a treatment method known as laser or seamless process among the people. This procedure, which is performed in eye hospitals, takes a short time and is an easy process for patients to overcome.
What Are the Symptoms of Cataract?
Cataract is a defect that affects vision. It gives the feeling that patients are looking behind a hazy surface. Although the age factor is a priority, it is a disorder that can also occur from congenital visual defects or previous diseases. It also manifests itself with some symptoms in your eyes. Some of those;
- Difficulty in reading
- Blurring of vision,
- The things seen are double,
- Eyes being too sensitive in light environments,
- Yellowing and paler vision in colors,
- Decreased vision over time
- experiencing glare in the eyes,
- Decreased need for glasses,
- experiencing a headache,
- Too much pain in the eyes
- It occurs as a result of consulting a doctor with symptoms such as the onset of the problem of farsightedness. Today, it is a visual defect that can be easily corrected with this treatment.
Which Appropriate Features Should Patients Have for Smart Lens Operation?
Patients who are planned to have smart lens (intraocular lens) intraocular lens application;
- This operation is suitable for patients who have eye defects such as hyperopia, myopia and astigmatism and do not want to wear glasses.
- This application is applied to solve the near and far vision defects of people who are over the age of 40 and wear glasses.
Apart from the specified application features, this operation can also be performed with the recommendation of the ophthalmologist, which has a special condition.
What are the Advantages of Smart Lens Operation?
Intelligent lens (intraocular lens) operation is the operation preferred by many people to regain their eye health. These are the operations performed according to the decision made by the ophthalmologist as a result of the evaluation of the diagnosis and examinations. These are the procedures that can be performed after the patient’s acceptance, after the evaluation of the person’s age, eye structure, vision rate, corneal thickness, lifestyle, general vision status and similar issues. In addition, the advantages of Smart lens operation can be counted in many titles. These;
- These are operations performed without direct contact with the eye.
- The operation does not cause pain, ache and pain.
- These are operations that can be completed in a short time.
- The patient does not need to be hospitalized.
- It is an operation that does not cause dry eye.
- A couple of weeks is enough to do sports.
- It is the treatment method with the best results in visual quality.
- It is an alternative treatment to laser treatment.
What are the Differences between Smart Lens and Laser Surgery?
Laser surgeries; It is the method used to solve vision problems such as myopia, astigmatism, hyperopia, presbyopia. There are two different types of operation for smart lens (intraocular lens) surgery.
First; In phakic intraocular lens implantation (PIOL), the ophthalmologist makes a small incision in the retina and inserts the lens into it. After this procedure, which is performed without stitches, the eye can heal on its own.
Latter; Refractive Lens Replacement (RLE) (Intraocular Intelligent lens surgery) During this surgery, a part of the natural lens in the eye is removed and replaced with an artificial lens. The lens used is made using a state-of-the-art implant that will ensure the full functioning of the eye. It is an operation that can be performed within the scope of cataract surgeries.
You must be 18 years or older for laser eye surgery. And for these surgeries, the age of 45 is generally applied.
Laser Eye Surgery can be applied in 3 different ways:
- Superficial Laser treatments (PRK, LASEK and TRANSPRK): These are surgeries performed by directly applying laser on the corneal layer. No incision is made on the cornea. Since the upper layer of the cornea is different for each person, it is a treatment method that requires a very sensitive procedure. It is popularly known as incisionless laser.
- Smile Technology treatment: In this method, minimal incision is made. It is an easier and risk-free procedure for both the patient and the doctor. No incision or valve removal is required. In addition, this technology is among the new generation surgeries.
What are the Advantages of Premium Smart Lens?
What are the Advantages of Premium Smart Lens; The loss of transparency of the intraocular lens may occur with advancing age, and in some cases it also manifests itself at an early age or as a congenital defect. Traumas or certain medications can also cause cataracts. Cataract takes its place as the most important eye defect experienced by the elderly. When cataract is noticed, treatment should be started. The eye begins to see as before. Cataract has become easier to treat with technological developments and the use of new devices. The fact that it is the most encountered problem all over the world also contributes to studies and researches. In addition, all methods used for cataract treatment today offer positive results to patients.