What is No Touch Laser?
One of the methods used to eliminate refraction problems in the eye is the No touch laser . As stated in its name, it is a treatment method applied without touching the eye. In this method, it is sufficient to look at a distant light source for 50 seconds. It is applied to patients with distance or near vision problems. This method is applied especially if patients have a thin cornea or a steep corneal surface.
First of all, the patient is prepared for the application of this method. Then, drops that create an anesthetic effect are dripped into the patient’s eyes. The treatment process with laser device beams takes place within 50 seconds. The treatment process is completed between 30-50 seconds. Both eyes are treated at the same time. This procedure is also used on patients who have had previous surgery. It does not matter whether the person has had laser treatment before or not. No pain is felt during the procedure. The absence of surgical method or device contact increases the safety rate of the procedure.
After No Touch Laser Processing
For patients who cannot be treated with conventional laser methods, the no touch laser method is a savior. Because it provides treatment that other methods cannot provide. It is applied on people with thin corneas, lenses in the eye, and tears in the retina.
After the procedure, patients do not need to stay in the hospital.
This method stands out due to its ease of operation and shortness of time. One of the most important factors in human life is time. Long-term operations and procedures are both frightening and tiring for the patient. The fact that this period is short attracts those who want to be treated.
This treatment has a history of more than 30 years and laser treatment has been applied to more than 35 million people worldwide. With the touchless laser treatment, the patient’s myopia and astigmatism, if any, can be permanently corrected by the no touch laser .
It is necessary to be over the age of 18 for laser treatment without touching. Photocell process is different from previous laser application processes.
No touch laser application does not cause permanent eye dryness. Because the nerves on the surface of the eye are not damaged.
Myopia, hyperopia and astigmatism are one of the problems experienced by almost everyone in daily life. In classical laser methods, the corneal surface was cut with a mechanical knife or laser light. It was completed by removing the membrane from the corneal surface and applying a laser to the lower surface. This way, the process became easier. Each individual’s eye disease and eye structure are different. For this reason, the eye characteristics of the person are carefully examined in the non-touch treatment method. For example, if there are indented areas in the corneal tissue, the laser device also treats them. With this method, only problems such as myopia and hyperopia are not cured. All existing problems in the eye are eliminated.
Who Can Be A No Touch Laser?
The treatment process is applied for far and near vision disorders and astigmatism. It is applied to individuals who have completed their development, that is, over the age of 18. Moreover, it is not a problem if they have had surgery before.
It is very useful for those who do not want to have an operation due to any problem or just because of fear. As in other methods, no cutting is applied on the cornea and no substance comes into contact with the eye, which makes patients comfortable. No touch laser application gives confidence to patients.
What are the Advantages of No Touch Laser?
- One of the most important advantages is that it can be used in patients with thin corneas. In people with thin corneas , treatment procedures, namely eye surgeries, were not applied until before the no touch laser . These patients, who could not undergo laser treatment, had to live with glasses or lenses. However, this new and technological system also enables people with thin corneas to be treated.
- Since the eye is not touched, it can be preferred especially by patients who are afraid of contact. The eye, which is one of the most sensitive and feared points in the human body, can be very worrying for people.
- It reduces the risk of high astigmatism. There is a risk of astigmatism due to the cut piece after laser operations. However, this method reduces this situation.
- Compared to other types of laser, the risk of complications after treatment is less. Since there is no cutting process in the corneal tissue, it does not cause the ectasia problem that occurs after general treatments. Ectasia means organ enlargement. The part occurs in the area where it was taken. Since no incision is made in the No touch laser method, ectasia does not occur.
- After the application, the numbers do not grow again. In this case, it creates satisfaction by the users.
- Myopia, astigmatism and hyperopia problems can be treated at the same time. All problems are eliminated at the same time
- After the no touch laser , the eyes are not covered with a bandage. It provides convenience in daily life.
- It is a very safe method since no incision is applied to the eye.
- The dry eye problem, which occurs after the procedure, especially with other treatment methods, is very short-lived.
- No touch laser method is less costly than others.
- Operation times are very short. The process is completed between 30 and 50 seconds.
- It does not cause any increase in intraocular pressure.
- It is possible to preserve the general condition of the cornea.
- No touch laser ensures that the resistance of the eye against impacts does not decrease.
- There is no risk of retinal rupture.
- Processing both eyes on the same day saves time.
- It treats both near and far at the same time.
- After the treatment, the patient starts to see as soon as he gets up from the stretcher.